As part of our Winter Birding Series, this birding event brings us to a Florida wetland ecosystem (also a stormwater treatment area). Known for its bird abundance and diversity, this location is a must see for any bird enthusiast. Additionally, this event will be led by our local Audubon Society’s naturalist and creator of the Audubon Moment, John Nelson. Bring your binoculars, if you don’t have them that is ok, we will bring extras. And don’t forget your bird ID book if you have one!
- FREE program, but reservations are required
- This program will begin at 8:00am and last until approximately 11:00am
- The program will involve long moments of standing and walking on natural surfaces
- Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear
- Bring water, sunscreen, and bug spray
- Minors (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult
- A ll participants will be required to sign waivers that will be provided at the start of the program
If you are a visitor planning a trip to Martin County and would like to preregister for the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited, but there will be a waitlist available.
We kindly ask that if you are unable to attend an event, please give us 48 hours’ notice to allow us to offer your spot to someone else.
Further details will be provided after registration. We hope to see you there!
Okeechobee, FL 34974